Japanese sentences - help please
  • I need to write a short story about myself.

I've covered my hobby. But i need some help with these sentences that i am not sure how to write. So if someone could help out, that would be great.
    i've just realised how hard it is to write about myslef...I'm trying to think of lines that i can use in one paragraph but it's hard, here are some:

I am a funny guy that likes to play around.

I can be noisey and annoying at times.

Weak effort, i've got some more on my mind, but they're easier sentences. If it's possible whoever is going to reply, can you please write it in hirigana or katakana, please not kanji as i have not learnt it all.

Thanks in advance.
  • For all I do with Japanese I still suck in grammar so take it with a fair amout of salt.

僕は滑稽な人です(ぼくはこっけいなじんです)。惚けます(とぼけるです)。
    時には煩いです(ときにはうるさいです)。

I am sure Tobberoth or someone else will point out my (obvious) mistakes.
  • I'm not confident enough to comment on other people's translations into Japanese, but here are some alternatives.

僕は遊ぶことがすき面白い人である。(ぼくはあそぶことがすきおもしろいひとである)。
    時々うるさいけど。(ときどきうるさいけど)

In the second sentence 'urusai' kind of contains both noisy and annoying, and I've added 'kedo', meaning 'but'.
  • Posted By: Richard
    [p]I'm not confident enough to comment on other people's translations into Japanese, but here are some alternatives.[/p][p]僕は遊ぶことがすき面白い人である。(ぼくはあそぶことがすきおもしろいひとである)。
    時々うるさいけど。(ときどきうるさいけど)[/p][p]In the second sentence 'urusai' kind of contains both noisy and annoying, and I've added 'kedo', meaning 'but'.[/p]

There should probably be a な after the 好き though. I would also probably not use である even if it's certainly not wrong, but it makes the text sound very formal... like a wikipedia article.
    [p]I'm not confident enough to comment on other people's translations into Japanese[/p]

I don't mind comments at all, actually.
  • I guess I mean that even if something sounds a bit strange to me I wouldn't be at all sure whether it was correct or not. For instance I associate 'kokkei' with 'ridiculous' and vaguely think that a person who is 'kokkei' is someone that you laugh at rather than with. However, I wouldn't want to correct you because there's a very real possibility that I don't know 'kokkei' as well as I should (and then I'd be wrong!).

The only thing I could say is that it would be 'kokkei na hito' rather than 'kokkei na jin', but then, you might just have made a slip rather than a genuine error (as you seem to have in the next sentence).
    [p]The only thing I could say is that it would be 'kokkei na hito' rather than 'kokkei na jin', but then, you might just have made a slip rather than a genuine error (as you seem to have in the next sentence).[/p]

Mmm, no, not a slip, but looking back it was dumb to say jin instead of hito indeed.
    And the genuine error, I am not surprised. :-D

Oh well, at least I try. Which is also what I taught Japanese school children when they tried to speak English. ;)
  • watashi wa asobi ga suki de omoshiroi hito de arimasu ga urusaku naru toki mo arimasu

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion