A few sentences - Need help
  • I've got some homework to do and i am struggling a bit with these simple sentences. Can someone please put them in japanese for me?

It will rain tomorrow.

I want to go to Japan next year.

After buying eggs, i will make a cake.

I go to shops to buy a sandwich.

Thanks in advance.
  • While I feel slightly odd at helping you with your homework (especially something this simple) I can't really deny help either.

It will rain tomorrow. - 明日は雨が振るんでしょう (ashita ha ame ga furun deshou) The deshou is not needed for the actual sentence, but it is commonly used when predicting the weather. It implies that it isn't 100% certain. If you want the simple way, go with 明日は雨が振ります (ashita ha ame ga furimasu).

I want to go to Japan next year. - 来年に日本へ行きたいです (rainen ni nihon he ikitai desu)

After buying eggs, i will make a cake. - 卵を買って、ケーキを作ります (tamago wo katte, KE-KI wo tsukurimasu)

I go to shops to buy a sandwich. - サンドを買うために店へ行きます (SANDO wo kau tame ni mise he ikimasu)
  • Only if you promise to remember them ;)
    I also added some alternatives which I think sound more natural in Japanese, and translated the last sentence for you using a very versatile, useful Japanese expression.

It will rain tomorrow.
    明日は雨が降ります。(ashita ha [pronounced "wa"] ame ga furimasu)
    It looks like it will rain tomorrow.
    明日は雨が降りそうです。(ashita ha ame ga furisou desu)
    It’s forecast/expected to rain tomorrow.
    明日は雨が降るらしい。(ashita ha ame ga fururashii)
    I want to go to Japan next year.
    (私は)来年日本に行きたい。((watashi ha) rainen nihon ni ikitai)
    After buying eggs, I will make a cake.
    (私は)卵を買ったらケーキを作ります。((watashi ha) tamago wo [pronounced "o"] kattara keeki wo tsukurimasu)
    I will buy eggs and make a cake.
    (私は)卵を買ってケーキを作ります。((watashi ha) tamago wo katte keeki wo tsukurimasu)
    I go to the shops to buy a sandwich.
    (私は)サンドイッチを買いにお店に行きます。((watashi ha) sandoitchi wo kai ni o-mise ni ikimasu)
    Thanks in advance
    宜しくお願いします。 (yoroshiku onegai shimasu)
  • I hope your teacher doesn't find this page.
  • Thanks for the help guys. I know they're the easiest sentences, but for some reason, i had trouble with them...I'll make sure i practise them. And i'm sure my teacher won't find this place :)

Roro, thanks for writing 'thanks in advance' in japanese, but i was actually saying that, i didn't need it in Japanese. lol
  • Posted By: Aj
    [p]Thanks for the help guys. I know they're the easiest sentences, but for some reason, i had trouble with them...I'll make sure i practise them. And i'm sure my teacher won't find this place :)[/p][p]Roro, thanks for writing 'thanks in advance' in japanese, but i was actually saying that, i didn't need it in Japanese. lol[/p]

You're welcome.
    Oh, and I knew about the last sentence, but I figured I'd translate it anyway ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion