please help translate some english sentences...
  • Minna-san, hajimemashite.

Can someone help me translate some sentences? I'm a Singaporean & there's an english essay I wrote which I really need to translate everything to japanese for final submission (determines 65% of my final grade -.-) ASAP to my sensei. There's only a few days left but as hard as I tried, its taking ages for me to just translate 1 sentence. Also, if possible, please don't use kanji as I'm very bad at them....

Here are some of the sentences:

- Being with friends makes you happy, have fun, help you in times of need and so many more.

- However, there are also times when you have a disagreement with one another but later on be friends right?

- My classmates would just play with the others & ignore me.

- A new student transfered to our school and was sorted to my class.

- I thought it was just another student who would ignore me just like the others.

There's a lot more sentences to translate but I'll start with these first.
  • It's easy for me to translate those sentences into Japanese. But before that, I need to know whether you are male or female, and whether you want to have them expressed politely or plainly, because Japanese sentences vary its styles of expression with such conditions.
  • I would say try your best and post here, people will help, hate basically doing homework for other people, but don't mind helping because then you'll still learn.
  • Posted By: Roomy
    [p]It's easy for me to translate those sentences into Japanese. But before that, I need to know whether you are male or female, and whether you want to have them expressed politely or plainly, because Japanese sentences vary its styles of expression with such conditions.[/p][span class=CommentSignature]*cheers*[/span]

Wow, thanks. I'm male, 19 years old (using boku). I need to use past plain form for this essay.
  • I'm a little confused now but agree with Aodh. Please try to translate them yourself and post them here. We are willing to correct mistakes if any :)
  • Okk I'll try... Here's what I've got:

1) Being with friends makes you happy, have fun, help you in times of need and so many more.
    Tomodachi ni itsumo isshoni iru no de, (...ureshii)toka, (...tanoshii) toka, (...tasukeau?) toka,
    soshite iroiro takusan(...?)

2) However, there are also times when you have a disagreement with one another but later on be friends right?
    Demo, (......?) aru no toki deshou?

3) My classmates would just play with the others & ignore me.
    Boku no (kyuutomodachi?) ha (...asonde......) (...?)

4) A new student transfered to our school and was sorted to my class.
    Atarashii tenkousei ga atta (....?)

5) I thought it was just another student who would ignore me just like the others.
    Boku ha (...?) matta (nitamono: similar people?) (...?)

Sorry, my computer is very old so I can't type in jap...
    Anyway, I've tried but there's so many things to figure out... can anyone help to complete the sentences?
  • Posted By: KyosukeAce
    [p]1) Being with friends makes you happy, have fun, help you in times of need and so many more.
    Tomodachi ni itsumo isshoni iru no de, (...ureshii)toka, (...tanoshii) toka, (...tasukeau?) toka,
    soshite iroiro takusan(...?)[/p]

友達といると、幸せになれるし、楽しいし、困ったときに助けてくれるし、いろいろいいことがあるよ。
    Tomodachi to iru to, shiawase ni nareru shi, tanoshii shi, komatta toki ni tasukete kureru shi, iroiro ii koto ga aru yo.
    [p]2) However, there are also times when you have a disagreement with one another but later on be friends right?
    Demo, (......?) aru no toki deshou?[/p]

でも、けんかする時だってあるけど、あとで仲直り出来るよね?
    Demo, kenka suru toki datte aru kedo, ato de nakanaori dekiru yo ne?
    [p]3) My classmates would just play with the others & ignore me.
    Boku no (kyuutomodachi?) ha (...asonde......) (...?)[/p]

僕のクラスメイトはほかの子とばかり遊んで、僕を無視するんだ。
    Boku no kurasumeito wa hoka no ko to bakari asonde, boku o mushi suru nda.
    [p]4) A new student transfered to our school and was sorted to my class.
    Atarashii tenkousei ga atta (....?)[/p]

新しい生徒が転校してきて、僕のクラスに編入された。
    Atarashii seito ga tenkou shite kite, boku no kurasu ni hennyuu sareta.
    [p]5) I thought it was just another student who would ignore me just like the others.
    Boku ha (...?) matta (nitamono: similar people?) (...?)[/p]

ほかの子のように僕を無視しようとしたのは、よくいるタイプの生徒だと思った。
    Hoka no ko no youni boku o mushi shiyou to shita no wa, yokuiru taipu no seito dato omotta.

I wrote my translations in boldface type and add their romaji equivalents in italics.
    Well, I had to correct for the most part! XD
  • Wow, sugoii!

It really looks high level jap. Roomy-san, arigatou gozaimasu!! Someday, I'll definitely be able to know japanese well like you. Though it seems that I still have a long way to go hahaha... Anyway I'll ask again later if I need help. Once again, hontouni arigatou!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion