Help with this captcha image in japanese
  • I need help to complete my registration form.

imageimage imageimageimage

Can you type in japanese? Thanks in advance..
  • You do understand the purpose of a capcha right? It's to stop you from registering. It'll regenerate a new one each time you visit the page, so answering you is pretty much useless. Use the features of denshi jisho.org's dictionary to find the characters you need if you're that persistent on registering.
  • Posted By: Hakaku
    [p]You do understand the purpose of a capcha right? It's to stop you from registering. It'll regenerate a new one each time you visit the page, so answering you is pretty much useless. Use the features of denshi jisho.org's dictionary to find the characters you need if you're that persistent on registering.[/p]

Nah, most sites just require a captcha when you register, you don't need it to use the site afterwards. And the captcha isn't to stop you from registering, it's to stop automated bots from registering.

Here you go Ohnzee: くヨん練画
  • Posted By: Tobberoth
    [p]Nah, most sites just require a captcha when you register, you don't need it to use the site afterwards. And the captcha isn't to stop you from registering, it's to stop automated bots from registering.[/p]

Nah? Did you even read what I wrote... Capchas are dynamic, so by the time you give him the appropriate code he'll have likely closed the page, meaning that the next time he visits that page (i.e. the registration page), it will be a new capcha image.

And if you believe that capchas are solely used to limit bots, then you've got lots to learn about culture-centric websites.
  • Posted By: Hakaku
    [quote]
    Posted By: Tobberoth
    [p]Nah, most sites just require a captcha when you register, you don't need it to use the site afterwards. And the captcha isn't to stop you from registering, it's to stop automated bots from registering.[/p]
    [p]Nah? Did you even read what I wrote... Capchas are dynamic, so by the time you give him the appropriate code he'll have likely closed the page, meaning that the next time he visits that page (i.e. the registration page), it will be anewcapcha image.[/p][p]And if you believe that capchas are solely used to limit bots, then you've got lots to learn about culture-centric websites.[/p][/quote]
    If he did, he would be pretty dumb, who has never seen a captcha before? We help people with captchas a lot here.

If a culture-specific website wants to keep people out, captcha isn't a good way of doing it. Like you yourself said, he could have just looked it up himself in a dictionary.
  • How can we help people with capchas here? Don't they usually have a time limit of a few minutes?
  • Posted By: tamatama
    [p]How can we help people with capchas here? Don't they usually have a time limit of a few minutes?[/p]

Some sites do, but it's not that usual. Like I said, the main point is to keep bots out, and bots aren't going to get the captcha just because there's a lot of time, I doubt any bots would actually attempt to brute-force a captcha.
  • Okay, thanks. I didn't know. My main memory of capcha's are when I had to fill out a long form (in English), entering the capcha, and then being told it's timed out, and having to go through the whole form again. I guess no time limit make the human relay attack easy.
  • Thanks Tobberoth it helps me too. play online pokies

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion