Please correct my Japanese
  • 心が痛いんだ, ばかばか何だぜ ... その出来事はぼくにつけるのでした。 ... 恋水を流す。 でも、 この恋水は心痛につけをできないでしょう。 ... でも, しかたないな .. 恋水をできるのそれだけだ。 ... それだけだ。 ... (T ^ T) <ーーー Please try to correct this for me if I have had said this right.. please teach me as well about this... Thanks! 
  • 彼女を外した?
  • はい、悲しいでしょう。私は毎日へやでを流す。T_T
  • 彼女はそうろそろ日本で行きます。
  • 頑張れ。日本へ行けるから;)
  • むりです。日本人がないですから。そして、It's never a typical 'go away, I'll leave' love story.. It's more complicated than that, and much much worst... (T_T) <-- can you please translate the English texts into japanese, I'll copy it and will include in my studies.. Thanks! ほうんと悲しいです。
  • So, you and your girlfriend are no longer a couple anymore, just because she will go to Japan and you can't? And why said むり? You can not go on your own?
  • Nah it's nothing like that.. it is super complicated........... Like seriously speaking, it's more than the usual 'I'll leave you because I'll need to go to' love story.... and yes, muri... can't go on my own.. I'm not japanese and I've tried every possibility for me to be able to go there, and I failed..... T_T Can you suggest any ways? Either way, even though if I will go there in Japan and be with her, it's not like it will fix anything... We aren't in a quarrel, never we had a serious one.. But we have an external problem.. Problem enough for us to be impossible to be with each other.....
  • I'd like to help you with your composition, however, I don't understand what you mean by 恋水 exactly. Do you have an expression in your native language that "love" and "water" tied together and means something else (poetic) or a (brand) name of commercial painkiller (liquid form) ointment available in your country?
  • Do you mean "love potion" when you say "恋水"?
  • I was using the dictionary and the meaning is "tears from love", xD Sorry for my bad japanese, I'm a dictionary user and I was searching for something that "I cried because of love", then the search engine came up with that result... I mean, the definition of that kanji really tells, "tears from love".. Why? isn't it familiar?
  • It's not familiar because ..... probably it's not so commonly used (???)
    Anyway, back to your letter. How about saying 愛の涙 instead of 恋水, or even better, 愛惜の涙 ? And since it's liquid (tear or water or whatever) I would use 注(そそ)ぐ instead of (心痛に)つける. つける is used when applying cream or ointment to the wounds.
    Another question, what do you mean by その出来事はぼくにつけるのでした。?
  • 恋水 is rare enough that it is found only in big dictionaries such as the 広辞苑, it's got no entry in the 明鏡国語辞典. Koujien also informs us that it (万葉集「落水」の誤写より)恋のために流す水 comes from ochi-mizu, falling water.
  • So it must have been that the dictionary that I have been using is good enough?
  • So it must have been that the dictionary that I have been using is good enough?
  • It means your dictionary does contain words/expressions that are not quite common in the current Japanese language.

Now, whether this is judged to be "good" or "bad", is a non-objective matter, or an objective matter that depends upon a certain purpose.

For example, a smaller dictionary that does not contain archaisms and rare words would be suited for a beginner, whereas a dictionary of classical Japanese might be useful to the advanced student of Japanese.

Also, containing a certain entry is not the only relevant factor that makes a dictionary "good". Take edict for example (eg jisho.org): While it has got an entry for many words, usually they only consist of possible English translation. On the other hand, other dictionaries include notes regarding grammar, usage and similar words, as well as example sentences illustrating their usage.
  • Ahhh.. okay2 thanks for elaborating and correcting my misconception.. xD

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion