Denshi Jisho in Japanese
  • I was wondering if you can make a Japanese version of Denshi Jisho. Since I'm going for monolingual dictionary, I'll have to use the other monolingual dictionaries more than this one. The 2 most important thing that those other dictionaries don't have is the plain form of the search result and the easiness to access sentence examples. There's lots more features, but if somehow Denshi Jisho was in Japanese, I would use it much more :D

At least, if only the interface was in Japanese, it would be great. Don't need the description of words and the translation of sentences to be.. well, translated XP.
  • Posted By: firebound12
    [p]I was wondering if you can make a Japanese version of Denshi Jisho. Since I'm going for monolingual dictionary, I'll have to use the other monolingual dictionaries more than this one. The 2 most important thing that those other dictionaries don't have is the plain form of the search result and the easiness to access sentence examples. There's lots more features, but if somehow Denshi Jisho was in Japanese, I would use it much more :D[/p][p]At least, if only the interface was in Japanese, it would be great. Don't need the description of words and the translation of sentences to be.. well, translated XP.[/p]

If you're sentence mining (people who do usually try to go monolingual which is why I'm asking) you should not take sentences from jisho.orgs sentence database (tanaka corpus). They are good to understand a words use quickly by crossreferencing, but they aren't good native lines to learn in an SRS. The example sentences in kenkyuushas waei dictionary is MUCH better, so are the lines in the daijirin (which you can search in on yahoo.co.jp).
  • Ya, I was going for sentence mining, tnx for the info about the sentence. So the ones on Yahoo is really better? I see...

But it's still good to have a japanese interface for Denshi Jisho ^^
  • www.alc.co.jp is pretty great for sentence mining as well.
  • At this point it would be a lot of work translating the interface into Japanese. That being said, I wouldn't mind doing it at some point.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion