I want to learn japanese slowly
  • 私は日本語を連勝してと勉強しています!だから、教えてくださいね。 <ーーーー Please read and correct me please if I wrote this right. I want to slowly learn japanese both by writing and reading, so please reply in japanese and I will try to translate it by all means possible. ありがとう御座います!:)
  • What do you want to say? 連勝 means "consecutive victories" (like in sports), it's possible you meant 練習 (れんしゅう) which means "practice". (This is what I meant before about being careful using the kanji input on the computer). 入力と変換にご注意ください!

と is only "and" when it connects nouns. e.g. ケーキとクーキーが好きです = I like cakes and cookies. You can't put it between verbs, e.g. you can't say 食べると飲む to say "eat and drink".

Without the と I think the first would be 日本語を練習して勉強しています = I am practising and learning Japanese. (Although you probably don't need to say both, one implies the other).

Then, the second sentence is correct for "therefore, please teach me", but I would leave off the ね.

Lastly, ありがとう御座います is the "right" kanji but it is more usual to write this in hiragana. Also, when you are requesting help you don't say "thanks" in advance, but use おねがいします when asking and ありがとうございます after you have got an answer.

lang-8.com/ はいかがですか? 練習したい人におすすめ!
  • aahh.. そうですか。じゃ、ありがとう御座います!You are correct on what I mean, aahh.. man, I'am really a noob, anyways at least I have learned something. So you can't use to for verbs only for noun right? and then you don't need to place any particle to seperate verbs? just to clarify.

日本へ行きたいですから私はせたいに日本語の勉強をべんきょうします!<ーーーho w about this? is this correct. I mean, "I want to go to Japan that is why I would surely be studying the Japanese language study."
  • There are different ways to combine verbs, so it depends on what you want to say. For example, using て form can be used to talk about doing actions in sequence:

コンビニに行って牛乳を買って(来て)ください
    Please go to the convenience store and buy some milk (and bring it back here).

Or for example another pattern is 牛乳を買いに行く - go to buy some milk.

と has many uses. With verbs it is used as a "conditional" (if/when word), e.g.
    春になると、花が咲く (natural consequence: when spring comes, flowers bloom)

It can also be used when quoting words. 「日本に行きたい」と言った。 (I think に is better here - think of へ as a direction, に as a destination).

For your others: ぜったい not せたい, you can also get rid of 私は, because from context it is obvious you are talking about your own desires/plans. For the last part, remove の勉強 (otherwise you are saying 勉強・べんきょう twice!)

http://erin.ne.jp/ have you seen this site? I think you might find it useful. It is good for people who are close to beginners (but have some previous study).
  • 「It can also be used when quoting words. 「日本に行きたい」と言った。 (I think に is better here - think of へ as a direction, に as a destination).」 What do you mean by destination and direction? I haven't had encountered our teacher teaching us about ni before a directional/destination verb. Anyways, sorry for bothering you, but was it wrong when I used e instead of ni? by the way, may I ask you on how did you learn that much in japanese? where did you start as a beginner until you reach that good? ありがとう!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion