aule (as in 'outer courtyard' in Homeric and Koine Greek)
  • I am a software developer who has spent many years in corporate Smalltalk in the USA, but I live in maritime Canada and work in the web content language from MIT, Curl (not cURL.) Curl is now maintained by Tokyo's SCSK corp (see www.curl.com or their Japanese site at www.curlap.com )
    At the moment I am working on flashcard software in Curl (the same to run in web or on desktop) and Curl Caede for mobile platforms. Most often I work on interfaces to kanjidic2 or edict2 and such electronic dictionary resources.
    My own interest is in reading Japanese poetry.
    I am a married father of three grown children. I am fluent in French and German and can work in written Spanish, Italian, Russian and Dutch. I am in the early stages of a Parkinsonian condition ( familial in my case) at age 60.
    My hobbies are astronomy and flight simulations. My avocation is that of a poet and writer.
    My websites include kanji.aule-browser.com and logiquewerks.com and I am aule AT japan.com
    The 'aule' is mentioned as the outer courtyard in Plato's drinking party : The Symposium.
    An aule for nihongo is a safe departure area, such as a home page (local or web.)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!