How or where for N3 JLPT level.
  • Is it possible to reach N3 level just studying Japanese online? I mean not merely taking the exam, but just when assessed, professional translator will at least grade you of N3 level. if it is possible, any suggestions or url on how or where I could study? I really want to learn at least average level Japanese.. Please help! still can't speak and write fluently. My professor told me that I'am at least that of N4 or N5. だから、教えてこれね。お願いします。:(
  • Certainly possible through self-study. There are some books aimed at the JLPT which will take you through the grammar, and there is plenty of online material to use for reading/listening practice.

JLPT doesn't practice speaking/writing at all, so for that you need somewhere to practice and get feedback. Lang 8 is good for writing, for speaking you could find a language partner over Skype (or some teachers work over Skype if you're willing to pay for lessons).
  • ありがとう御座います!Do you have any suggestion for some good websites that I could learn writing and grammar? In terms of speaking, I guess watching japanese entertainment will make me good in speaking. I'm good at imitating people's accent and tone.
  • Seeing as it appears in pretty much every post I've seen of yours, I'm just going to let you know now - it's 教えてくれ (not これ), and in the vast majority of situations (including online), it's very rude to say, and you should say 教えてください instead.
  • はい、ほんとに米なさいそしてありがとうございます。だから、日本語を教えてください。Any suggestion of websites to study with? Please and thanks.
  • Start here www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/

ほんとに米なさい should be ほんとうにごめんなさい。 or as a full kanji version 本当に御免為さい。or as it is more common 本当にごめんなさい。 As has been pointed out elsewhere, be very critical towards what your "kanji generator" tells you.
  • Hi, I suggest you buy some books for that, like Sou Matome (総まとめ), you can find some on amazon.
  • http://www.erin.ne.jp/ is good for beginners. After that, books, as Bayoneda said. I used どんな時どう使う (donna toki dou tsukau) for N2.

Watching Japanese media is good for listening, but not necessarily for speaking. Listening/reading are called "passive" skills (recognition/input) and writing/speaking are "active" skills (production/output).

Although improving your passive/recognition skills helps with active/production skills to some extent, you still need some way of practising your output, with feedback so you know when you're making mistakes.
  • Okay thank you so much guys! I guess I need to review what I have studied like 2 months ago. I'm having trouble with kanjis. And please excuse my japanese as well, and please teach me the correct ones. Thanks!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion