Need help translating please
  • I was looking through souhsiki's speech guide (http://www.jp-guide.net/businessmanner/b-manner/speech-soushiki-izoku.html) and there were somethings I couldn't understand.

I would appreciate any help I could get.

Thank you very much!

皆様、本日はご多忙にもかかわらず、父の通夜におこし頂きまして、まことにありがとうございました。

皆様から温かいお言葉を頂戴し、母も私共どもも家族も、感謝の念に耐えません。 父もさぞ喜んでいることでしょう。

ささやかではございますが、別室に粗宴を用意してございますので、お時間のご都合がよろしければ、父の思い出などお聞かせ下さい。

なお、故人の強い希望により、家族とごく近しい親族だけで父を見送るつもりでございますので、まことに恐れ入りますが、皆様に葬儀へのご案内を差し上げることができません。

どうぞご理解の上、ご容赦頂きますよう、お願い申し上げます。

どうか、今後ともご支援のほどよろしくお願い申し上げます。

本日はまことに有難うございました。
  • It's a speech given at a tsuya (通夜), a stage in a Japanese funeral which is sometimes called the wake or vigil. The speaker's father has died. The language in the speech is very formal, using a lot of keigo. I'm afraid I don't have time to translate the whole thing, but if you have more specific questions please ask.
  • The following is a very very rough translation. I hope this would suffice...

Thank you very much, everyone, for taking the time in your busy schedule to come to our father's wake.
    Our mother, family and we are grateful for your warm words. Our father must also be pleased.
    We have prepared some food in the other room. Please join us if your time permits, and let us hear your memories with our father.
    As per the wish of the deceased, only family members will see him off. Please excuse us for not being able to invite you to his funeral.
    Thank you for your understanding and forgiveness.
    Thank you in advance for your ongoing support.
    We appreciate your attendance today.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion