Search Kanji by "taught in grade" ?
  • Hello

I'm using JA Sensei on my Android to learn Kanji - the order is "by grade" then groups.

As I don't have many example words in JA Sensei, I use it with this denshi jisho. I noticed here is also states in which grade the Kanji is taught. Now I want to learn the Kanji here because I got many more words here.

But I'd like to search all Kanji taught in Grade 1, 2, 3 etc.

Is that possible? Or can anyone recommend me a very good website to learn Kanji by a good order? Mobile or non-mobile website is fine.

Arigatou ne! - Sorry no japanese keyboard installed on the office computer :(
  • You can find a list of the kanji taught in different grades here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyōiku_kanji
  • Cool - thanks for the link.

But it stills forces me to cross-check with jisho to get more of the Kanjis - and I don't like seeing Romaji - I'm only ranting, sorry.

Shouldn't there be a feature for jisho.org that I can list all Kanji taught in grade X ? As there is already the information which grade its taught in, a search function should be no problem, right?

I can still use the Wikipedia Entry and make me a bookmark list though. Is the long way, but a good solution.
  • Do you mean something like this, with links to jisho?
    http://mad-gaksha.dyndns.org/public/kanjibygrade/grade4.html (try again later if link wont work)
  • Wow Blutorange, awesome link!!!

Thank You so much for this.

I was thinking about a collection of those Kanji on jisho.org - but this comes very close to this.

Danke nochmal ;)

Edit:
    How did You get that? ;p
  • I just took the kanji dictionary file and wrote a simple lua script to generate these pages:

Just added some simple frames to make navigation easier. Here it is. (You can adjust the frame size to fit your needs) These files are hosted on a raspberry pi server at home, so there may be downtimes. Just download this archive , extract the files somewhere to your PC and open the index.html page.

Edit: Mein Name ist nicht nur zufaellig ein deutsches Wort ; )
  • Wollte den Thread international lassen damit vllt. andere das auch sehen und verstehen ^^

Thanks so much for this, really awesome.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion