A little help please!!!!
  • My friend sent me this message in Japanese. Now I only know BASIC BASIC STUFF like Hello, and do you understand english. I've tried to put it through translaters but it doesn't work, being that he could've spelled everything wrong. Could someone help me translate this? It's really bugging me!
    Here it is:

konnichiwa, karisuterusan. sumimasen, watashiwa anata wo aimashta. watashiwa nihongo wo benkyoshimas. watashinosenseiwa daiskiides. anatawa myspacede watashinotomodachida​ke des. sayoonara

jyaa, sumimasen watashiwa anato wo aijyaarimasendeshta
  • Well, I am most definately NOT a japanese expert by any means, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your friend butchered whatever he was trying to say to you. The only things I can understand are Konnichiwa - meaning "Hello". Watashi is "I" I believe...I think anata means "you". And Nihongo means "japanese". I also see the words "MySpace" thrown in there, and Saiyonara (I believe that is how it's spelt) means "goodbye" in a very direct way. Anyone who sees mistakes in what I've managed to translate is free to correct me.
  • also, have you tried breaking up the words and entering them into a translator one at a time to try to make sense of it?
  • Ok, I'm going to go waaay out on this limb in saying that I THINK he was trying to say something about studying with the word "benkyoshimas". So maybe that sentence is about studying japanese, since "nihongo" is also in that sentence.
  • yea thats what i got out of it too but i tried breaking it up and it didn't work either
    i'm not sure if its about studying of if its a love note cuz some words stood for love or something like that and that one word benkyoshimas was saying something about studying

i'm so flippin confused tho...
    and i can't get ahold of him either to ask him what he was trying to say to me!
  • lol, I know I keep commenting, but this is fun for me. I'm trying to figure it out. So far, i THINK its: "Hello, (crappy japanese translation of your name here). I'm sorry, I (dont get this part). I study japanese....."

Ok, thats all I have figured out, and I could be wrong. The parts in parenthises(sp?) are my explanations. As in, I think the second word in the paragraph is a bad attempt at translating your name into japanese or something like that. And I dont get the last part of the sentence with "Sorry" at the beginning.
  • i think he was just spelling it the way the words sound...so idk ughhghghgh
  • lol well thank you so much for helping me you have no idea how much this is bugging me! so yea well my name is krystal and i think he was trying to translate it
  • Well, good luck with that. Maybe if a Japanese language MASTER comes in they'll be able to de-code his mess for you. Lol. I think I've gone as far as I can with it. ^_^
  • lol i hope so too! ughghgh well thank you for trying to help ^^ !
  • I'm having similar difficulty figuring out what your friend is trying to say, but here's what it is as far as I can tell:

konnichiwa, karisuterusan.
    sumimasen, watashiwa anata wo aimashta.
    watashiwa nihongo wo benkyoshimas.
    watashinosenseiwa daiskiides.
    anatawa myspacede watashinotomodachida​ke des.
    sayoonara
    jyaa, sumimasen watashiwa anato wo aijyaarimasendeshta

"Hi Crystal" (I'm guessing that's the pronunciation your name based on the spelling)
    "Please excuse me, we were a good match."/"Please excuse me, I did have feelings for you." (This is a total guess based on context. Either way, the Japanese isn't correct.)
    "I (will) study Japanese."
    "I really like my teacher." (Guessing again.)
    "You are simply my MySpace friend."
    "Goodbye."
    "Sorry, I didn't have feelings for you." (Again, a guess. It's an intransitive verb with a direct object. I'm not sure at all what they are trying to say.)
  • wait wha?

first he said he had feelings for me then he said he didn't?

that can't be right ughhghgh

idk

hmm....
  • OK NOT ONLY CAN I NOT UNDERSTAND THE FIRST NOTE BUT HE SENT ME A NEW ONE AND IT SAYS:
    iie, watashi wa eeigo wo hanashimasenyo
  • 'No, I don't speak English' for the last message.
  • You should probably tell him that if he wants to produce/output Japanese, he should at least learn proper romanization. His spelling is extremely bad, to the point where it's hard to understand what he means. At his level, he probably shouldn't output Japanese at all, he might get into bad habits since he's still very new at it.
  • i know thats what i keep telling him but he keeps sending me messages in japanese ughghgh i'm so frusterated
  • 'aimashita' I believe is 会う (au - To Meet) not 愛 (ai - Love). Love would be ________を愛している (________wo aishiteiru - I love ________.)

My guess: Hello Crystal. Excuse me, I met you. I study Japanese. I really like my teacher. You are just my friend on Myspace. Good-bye. Well then, I'm sorry, I didn't meet you.

Does the person only know Japanese and another language?
  • no this dude, his name is brent, and he is 100% american and i think he just learned japanese or something idk what's going on but yea he's like my best friend so idk what he's trying to say if its what Sconning just said or if its something like Nate said...
  • he sent me another one saying:
    jyaa, karisuteruan, watashi wa nani ga hanashimashitaka?

wtf idk what he's trying to tell me but i know that he is spelling stuff the way they sound so yea
  • "jyaa, karisuteruan, watashi wa nani ga hanashimashitaka?"
    "Well then, Crystal, what did I say?"

I'm far from fluent, and I'm expecting to get my notice that I failed JLPT 3 Kyuu soon, but he's very low only using masu/desu, and making a lot of spelling mistakes.

If you want, you can say: 君は日本語を書くのが下手ですよ。英語で書いて下さい。(You're unskilled at writing Japanese. Please write in English.)
    Kana: きみはにほんごをかくのがへたですよ。えいごでかいてください。
    Romanji: kimi wa nihongo wo kaku no ga heta desu yo. eigo de kaitekudasai.
  • Posted By: sconning
    [p]'aimashita' I believe is 会う (au - To Meet) not 愛 (ai - Love). Love would be ________を愛している (________wo aishiteiru - I love ________.)[/p][p]My guess: Hello Crystal. Excuse me, I met you. I study Japanese. I really like my teacher. You are just my friend on Myspace. Good-bye. Well then, I'm sorry, I didn't meet you.[/p][p]Does the person only know Japanese and another language?[/p]

I was guessing that he was saying 合いました, but yeah. The guy used "anatawo," in other words a direct object while both 合う and 会う are intransitive, so it doesn't make sense either way. I suppose in context it does make more sense that he would have meant 会う.
  • Hey, my overall advise is that this guy is immature, and you shouldnt waste your time on him. I know this convo has pretty much died, i came back to see if you ever got help. But seriously, this guy is a fool. He's toying with you. It's not fair to start speaking to someone in a language they dont know to try to tell them something, especially when the person doing it doesnt know the language well themselves. It's childish. if you ever come back through this subject, I hope you get a chance to read this advise.
  • thanks cherushi

i kinda just gave up lol

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion