Please Translate this into English
  • I asked about someone's pet who had been in bad health, and they gave me this answer:

Matthewさんへ

このあと、加齢により、しゃがんだ姿勢を維持するだけの筋力が無­く、片側に倒れ、片方の後足を折ったようです。痛がる様子も見せ­なかったので、一緒に暮らしていてもしばらくは気がつきませんで­した。

ですが、しゃがんだ姿勢で数秒ごとに右側に回転し、自分の向く方­向を変えていくのを見て、不審には思っていました。

しばらくしてお医者様に診せたところ、「脚が折れてますね、でも­高齢だから何も処置しない方がいいでしょう」とのこと。

亡くなる1ヶ月位前は、もう一本の後足も身体を支える力がなくて­、何度も倒れてひっくり返り、バタバタと宙で手足動かす有様。そ­れでも起き上がれないから、あきらめて息をフウフウしていました­。‥可哀想でしたね。

それを見つけたら、もちろん助け起こします。介助のために夜は同­室で寝ていた主人は、夜中に何回も起こされて、ろくに眠られねー­とぼやいてました。

長文になり失礼。

それでも動物は自分の老残の身を嘆くことなく、受け入れ、最期ま­で坦々と生きていました。間近に見てエライものだなあと思いまし­た。

Thanks in advance
  • Quick translation, not the best English, but the meaning should be correct:

After that, because of old age, its muscles weren't even strong enough to support its body weight, it fell and broke its leg. As it showed no signs of pain, we lived with the pet for some time without noticing it.

But, after seeing it tumble again and again every few seconds, we become suspicious.

When we showed it to a doctor a little while later, he said that although the leg was broken, because of its old age, a treatment were not recommended.

1 month after it had lost one leg, the other leg was also too weak to support its body, it fell and toppled over several times, flailing its legs helplessly in the air. Not being able to get back up, it gave up and breathed heavily. Poor thing...

When you see it fall, of course you want to help it get up to its feet again. So, my husband slept in the same room as the pet, and, often waking up during the night, complained how he couldn't get any sleep.

Sorry for the long letter.

How animals do not grieve over their old age and bodies, they accept it and try to live as they always did until the very end... If I think about it, it is kind of an admirable attitude.
  • Thank you so much blutorange. That is such a sad story, i really appreciate you taking the time out to translate it for me. If by any chance i wondered if you could help me translate a reply saying:

I'm so sorry to hear what your pet is going through, but it is lucky to have such loving owners like you guys. It is indeed a very brave animal, which is so amazing to hear. I send you all of my best wishes.
    All the best

Thanks again for translating their response

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion