Culture
  • I hope to learn Japanese's culture. I want to know if anyone will help me with that. I really like Japan. Onegaishimasu! (^_*)

Jescycca. :)
  • You will have to ask specific questions, I'm afraid.

There's a lot to tell about Japanese culture. Also, things really differ from prefecture to prefecture.
  • Just a question... Does Japanese Anime do any good of explaining Japanese Culture?
  • Posted By: bibekdeep
    [p]Just a question... Does Japanese Anime do any good of explaining Japanese Culture?[/p]
    the main purpose of anime is to entertain, not educate, so i don't think you can rely on it for cultural information. i'm sure there is some cultural dissemination during the telling of a story, however i wouldn't count on it for "everything". i think i can safely say, whatever you think you're learning, it's just the tip of an iceberg. learning from anime, be it language or culture, is just a starting point. guess you could think of anime as a fun beginning. :- )
  • Anime is a very accurate depiction of Japan. All high schools have a bumbling, yet likeable (and often lecherous) guy that wins the affections of the always buxom girls around him (that all have different hair colors). Of these groups of girls theres the smart and quiet one with glasses and the wild and reckless one. For whatever reason, they all like him and yet he never catches on. Guys also have terrible balance and often fall on these girls only to realize that theyve landed in between their large bosoms, causing blood to shoot out of their nose.

As a school teacher in Japan, I cant tell you how many times the above situations have happened.

Also it should be noted that whenever a crisis threatens the island nation of Japan, a group of plucky youngsters bands together and, through the power of friendship, they defeat the evil force that always ends up as some sort of large angel-like creature. But I`m sure youve seen this story time and time again in the news.
  • Posted By: julianjalapeno
    [p]Also it should be noted that whenever a crisis threatens the island nation of Japan, a group of plucky youngsters bands together and, through the power of friendship, they defeat the evil force that always ends up as some sort of large angel-like creature. But I`m sure youve seen this story time and time again in the news.[/p]

Posted By: Kanjimancer
    [p]nice[/p]

lol ... ahem, would be ____ and be _____ !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion