Help translate jap poem!
  • Hello! I'm new here :D I've recently heard a song named Uso, and am very drawn to it. My friend said that it's a song about lies, but he could not tell me what the poem (song lyrics) is really about. I manage to find the original jap poem on the net, but could not make sense out of what google translate gives. Please help me translate! Thanks!

ウソ  川崎 洋

ウソという鳥がいます

ウソではありません

ホントです

ホントという鳥はいませんが

ウソをつくと

エンマさまに舌を抜かれる

なんてウソ

まっかなウソ

ウソをつかない人はいない

というのはホントであり

ホントだ

というのはえてしてウソであり

冗談のようなホントがあり

涙ながらのウソがあって

なにがホントで

どれがウソやら

そこで私はいつも

水をすくう形に両手のひらを重ね

そっと息をふきかけるのです

このあたたかさだけは

ウソではない と

自分でうなずくために
  • 1) Don't call it "jap", it's Japanese. Jap is generally considered a racial slur in the English language and won't get you the help you desire.
    2) You ask for help in translating this poem, but you do not show what effort you have undertaken yourself to make it work. Jisho.org is not a translating service. If people provide translations they only do so out of the good of their heart.
    3) Uso (嘘) is indeed a lie. The entire poem/song is laced heavily, of course, with many abstract and mythical references (I mean, エンマさま, talk about channelling some heavy Buddhist mythology here).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion