Any gamers here?
  • Hello again everybody.

Like the topic asks, I was just wondering if there were any gamers here. Y'know, I figured since all of us here are interested in Japanese culture, there would have to be a few gamers. I mean, Japan is the gaming capital of the world. Anyway, if you are, share your favorite Japanese games here.

My Faves: Mother 1-3
    Final Fantasy Series
    Fire Emblem
    Dragon Quest Series
    Legend of Mana
    Many famicom classics...
  • Dunno about gamers, but there are quite a few of us tech geeks around here. Long live the Mecca of technology!

(I said Mecca, not Mecha)
  • Yes, I am a gamer. The main site, jisho.org, is actually set as my homepage since it is a very valuable source of information for me. I run a website and I play all sorts of games, including Japanese titles and I need to make translations of certain game text at times. My favorite Japanese games? Let's see...

Energy Breaker (Super Famicom)
    Super Gussun Oyoyo 1 and 2 (Super Famicom)
    Black/Matrix AD (Dreamcast)
    Royal Stone (Game Gear)
    Slyvantale (Game Gear)
    Shining Force Gaiden: The Final Conflict (Game Gear)
    Lunar: Sanposuru Gakuen (Game Gear)
    Last Bible III (Super Famicom)
    Koto Battle (Game Boy Color)
    Samurai Kid (Game Boy Color)
    Cyberbots (Playstation/Sega Saturn)

And numerous other titles too :)
  • Wow, impressive list Vyse. It makes mine seem mediocre! I will have try a few of those. I am not too advanced in translating Japanese, so I usually stick to the more easier stuff (e.g. Mother 3).
  • It seems that you really like RPGs, in which case, there are a whole slew of interesting JRPGs out there. I enjoy RPGs too. If you like games like Megami Tensei, Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, or games in that league, you may definitely want to try Last Bible III. Nice game with some excellent audio. I could mention more games if you want, just ask :)
  • Yeah, I'm a bit of an RPG buff. I have seen the Megami Tensei games, but I have never tried them. I have heard good things about them though. Lately, I am finding myself trying to fill the time until SSB Brawl's release. I have been playing Jump Ultimate Stars (DS).
  • Sweet, I used to play all the time when in elementary school, but it died off with the years. Lately I've been trying to get back into gear with the DS and Wii. Currently playing Super Mario Galaxy and Gyakuten Saiban (Ace Detective it's called in the West?) and recently finished Zelda Phanton Hourglass.

And of course I'm constantly playing the hands down best game ever made, Zoo Keeper! That thing is addictive ...
  • Hey Kim, yeah I just completed SMG and Phantom Hourglass not too long ago. I have to say, SMG is as about as perfect a game can get. Anyway, I think the other game you were talking about is called Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney. I have never played it, but I have heard good things.

I am excited to see that the 1st Fire Emblem is making a comeback on the DS. Hopefully, it will see a U.S. release this time!
  • My favorites, eh...? Well, many games are good, many games are better. And then there are those few very perfect games such as Super Mario Galaxies or The Legend of Zelda: Twiligt Princess. But I would rather think back of more classic games when figuring out any favorites, but I haven't been with the whole gaming much longer back then since the 64 age. :3

But, I guess I would have to name a few 64 and GC classics then. So...
     » Tales of Symphonia (GC)
     » Banjo Kazooie (64)
     » The Pokémon games, of course! (all of them... @_@)
     » A few more games, I guess... (#_#)
  • Oh yeah I forgot to say Pokemon. I grew up with those games, and still play them today! When I reserved Pearl it was kinda funny. There was a long line of 10 year olds and then there was me ^.^
  • Hah, Pokémon rules. :3
    It's the best tactic game ever, and it's a good competition for tamaguchi. xD

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion