Learning Japanese
  • I'm sorry, a bit new here in the forum. I have been interested in learning the language of Japanese
    and I already know some of the words I need to get around. But what I don't get is the sentence structure(grammar)
    I would appricate it if anyone could post any helpful infomation. Like grammar, new words and anything that would be useful
    Oh, also I am studying hiragana and katakana characters but I'm not so sure in reading kanji( which most things in japan are written in, correct?)
    Thank you to anyone who leave a comment or just happen to be "passing by"

If there's anymore infomation that you like to send me, please contact me at my email
    reimeixanime@yahoo.com, Tsukasa-Chan
  • You should learn hiragana and katakana before you continue your studies, you can learn to read and write both in less than 2 weeks if you want, so just work on that first. Learning japanese without proper knowledge of kana is just a waste of time since a lot of japanese grammar is "based" on how kana are connected, that is sort of lost on the student if they are studying using just romaji.

Sites I recommend for learning basic sentence structure: thejapanesepage.com and guidetojapanese.com. Once you know the grammar on those sites, you'll need to buy books etc to learn the rest, but learning everything on those two sites takes a LOT of time, so don't worry about it.

There are other special tactics for learning japanese which you might want to check out:
    kanji.koohii.com = Learn how to recognize and write all the official 2000 kanji in just a few months.
    http://www.alljapaneseallthetime.com/blog/ = Learn japanese just by remembering thousands of japanese sentences. This method has gotten very popular lately.
  • Fully agree with Tobberoth. Hiragana should be the first step.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion