something interesting I found
  • I'm learning japanese already a year and half, but it is just won't succeed. my goal is to understand japanese, but I won't be able to understand japanese...
    Now I've found someone that lives in japan and said something interesting in a discussion...

http://www.japantoday.com/category/have-your-say/view/how-difficult-or-easy-is-japanese-to-learn-compared-to-other-languages

"I am almost 100% certain that the people who find Japanese not difficult to learn are barely beginners or at best, mid-field.

Japanese is very easy at the beginning. More so than English.

However as soon as you get to even intermediate and then advanced levels, it is probably as difficult as French. Or even harder than French.

It is easy enough for people to say, who do not already speak or understand Japanese to a 100% native level to say Japanese isn't difficult. Its grammar becomes so complicated and illogical in some the advances cases, its nearly impossible to learn. Even for Japanese people.

So far, I've NEVER heard any foreigner in Japan, in real life or on TV, speak natively fluently like a Japanese. Its all Gaigin or Textbook style Japanese. Says a lot doesn't it?

I think I can comment because I learnt both English and Japanese the hard way. Japanese is much much much much much more harder as soon as you hit a certain level, as its no longer straight forwardly understandable and often ."

2 Conclusions:

1.Japanese is just much much much much much more harder as soon as you hit a certain level.
    2.Its grammar becomes so complicated and illogical in some the advances cases, its nearly impossible to learn.

Realy I agree with him.

in my opinion it is just can't be learned unless you're a jenius. with 99 pages of the word to be
    ( http://jisho.org/words?jap=&eng=TO+BE&dict=edict ) look how many words compositions in english turn to be only one in japanese.

and also all the words in japanese with the same pronunciation that can be even 10 in english(there are THOUSANDS of them, a nightmare) look at one example kanshou

http://jisho.org/words?jap=かんしょu&eng=&dict=edict

Realy. I sure that there are people here who non-jp and know japanese. Just try to understand shows like one piece, sket dance, beelzebub. Yes, go there and see if you understand. maybe not fluently but good.
    I sure you won't be able to understand many many words without translation. because japanese isn't a "regular" language. a regular language is a language that if someone understand it, he will be able to get along, not easily, but very well, when watching teenagers' shows. In japanese it's not like that.

I'm keeping learn japanese, but.... when I get to a level that is up than's begginer - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!
  • you're pretty messed up in the head, dude
    seek help, seriously
  • I agree with @gaylord, indeed ...
  • It's true that learning Japanese is very hard. Whether or not you can "complete" this just depends on your goals? If you have no goal, then whatever you do can easily seem insignificant. In my experience, that goes for just about everything in life.

If you know what you want, you can have an idea of your progress. Sometimes it takes work just to figure out the goal. If you never start, though, then you will most certainly never finish.
  • Man, nothing here is interesting.
    Nothing about Japanese language at all.

If you think "it's impossible", then better put that words in your mouth and shut up.
    That's absolutely your answer for yourself, nothing that principle in it.

>So far, I've NEVER heard any foreigner in Japan, in real life or on TV, speak natively fluently like a Japanese. Its all Gaigin or Textbook style Japanese. Says a lot doesn't it?

I do not agree with this totally.
    I saw a lot of foreigners who really natively fluently speaking, even some are much much more fluently than some japanese people.
    (you know, there are a lot of japanese people who has really poor knowledge and ability of speaking, writing in Japanese)
    I am a real Japanese so I can guarantee it.

If you want to improve, you should believe in yourself, your ability,
    and do work hard, that's the only way.
    Otherwise, you know, what you can do.
    It's totally same in anything in the life.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion