Translation - grammaticaly correct?
  • SO, I`ve been translating my summary and I really can`t seem to get the right sentences ... What I wanted to express is:
    "During the war there were big changes in the lives of women and because of that there were changes on the magazine covers too. In my research I showed changes because of war that happened on the cover of "Housewife`s friend" magazine. The women war image is reflected on this covers. I believe (think) that this image gave strength and confidence (motivation) to the women of that time. It encouraged them to survive through hard times."

This is what I`ve come up with:
    "戦時中の女性の生活に大きな変化が起こったので、表紙には大きな変化がもたらされた。本研究では「主婦之友」の表紙に戦争がつくる変化を示した。表紙で戦争女性のイメージを反映していることがあるこのイメージは当時の女性たちへ強さや動機を与えることだと思う。それで、困難な時代に生き残るために奨励した。"

I`m not sure about grammar in this ... Could somebody that is better in grammar than me check this? :) I`m kinda lost. I`m not sure about the words 動機 and 生き残る and 奨励. Do they express what I wanted? I checked the sentences with this words in dictionary, but I`m still not sure about them ...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!