Bug report
  • I've noticed what looks like a bug in the "Find kanji by radicals" system.

Occurence: Press the sixth radical in the 2-strokes section, then the fourth radical in the 3-strokes section. This provides me with 56 found kanji.

Problem: The search results are only divided in two categories: 6-stroke (only 1 match) and 9-stroke (everything else). A simple stroke count will show that only the first result from the 9-stroke category _really_ has 9 strokes, while all the others have more.

System: Fedora Core 5 with stock Seamonkey (aka Mozilla) 1.7.13 and Firefox 1.5.01. No idea if this occurs with any other browsers or under any other circumstances.
  • That does indeed seem to be a bug. I'll look at it as soon as I can, tomorrow or early next week.
  • Ok, had some time to look this over and it should be fixed now.

For the interested this was caused by the number of strokes in a kanji being stringified in the JSON conversion, so when doing comparison it did string comparison instead of integer comparison.
  • Stumbled upon another strange behavior today.
    Occurence: search for anything on the "words" page, and add "# " (w/o the quotations) before the phrase.
    e.g. search for "# 最" (w/o the quotes; note the space)
    Problem: this seems to throw a server internal error (I get the multilanguage message); it could be potentially dangerous.
    Tried a few other random signs, but none produces this.

Also, on the sentences page I get some interesting suffixes after every sentence.
    e.g., when searching for sentences for "最": "You're disgusting!#ID=67385". I get that #ID suffix for all searches on the sentences page, and it's been like this for a while (about since my initial bug post was fixed - maybe a side-effect?).

I can't help but notice that the two seemingly unrelated behaviors have the "#" in common. Possible connection?
  • Thanks, I have fixed the word search bug.

The sentence search thing is not related though. The format of the sentences file changed recently and just haven't updated my parsing script yet, that's why the extra data appears.
  • I have fixed the sentence parsing and the #ID= part should be gone now.
  • Yup, it is :)
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion